cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini box

Grae1
Joining in

Hello

As part of my package I am currently paying for a mini box, however this is not installed due to the fact the engineer could not run the cable through to the required room.

I still require this service and I am mindful that I'm paying for it as part of my package, so my question is are there any other options?

The engineer who installed my TV said he would report the issue and he thought that they would send me steam box instead. However this was a few months ago now and I have heard nothing since.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Hi Grae1,

The stream box is only available to broadband customers, you can't have one with a 360 box.

I assume the engineer couldn't run the cable around the external wall to the room you want, you do need the co-ax cable for live TV. Try connecting the mini box to the main 360 box cable to see if it work's, if it's not been used for longer than I think 30 days it gets deactivated, if it does boot up OK you can then try using it in the other room with either an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi, some users have done this and to watch live TV you select the programme to record using the TV guide and then watch it as a recording on the mini box. If it works then you can use this until it's possible you can get a cable installed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Grae1 wrote:

The engineer who installed my TV said he would report the issue and he thought that they would send me steam box instead. However this was a few months ago now and I have heard nothing since.

I'm not quite sure that that tech would be hoping to achieve by reporting this.

They should know that any V6 or TV360 box requires a co-ax cable for live TV channels, and that Stream cannot co-exist on the same account as any other VM-TV service. That would certainly explain why you've not heard anything.

Roy has pretty much nailed the rest of it with some potential short-term workarounds.. but the correct solution here is to have the additional co-ax connection point installed. What was the reason for not running it through to the room in question?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Grae1,

Thanks for joining our Community.

Would you like me to take a look at arranging for the Mini box to be set up?

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L