cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Box works but no tv or downloads

chris_anderson
Joining in

Hello!

I have just signed up to VM after several years with Sky paying silly money. I’ve set up my main hub and broadband fine but with my mini box, I’ve done all the set up, connected by Ethernet, all diagnostics are fine and green, I get the home page and channel listing but nothing actually plays whether it’s a live channel or recordings.

I have checked all connections which are fine but don’t know what I’m missing. 

Can anyone help?

14 REPLIES 14

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chris_anderson, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the services! Sounds like there might be an issue with the install - are you greeted with any error messages etc? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan,

I’m getting a CS2004 message. But I’ve checked and doubled checked all cables and they are firmly in. The main hub works fine, it’s just the mini hub in my other room.

Cheers

Chris 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to double check - have you been able to follow the steps through this link here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004

Also to confirm - is one box working and the other isn't? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to confirm CS2004 usually means there is no signal being received through the coaxial cable connected to the mini box. This connection is a mandatory requirement for live channels as these are delivered directly to the box, unlike the SkyQ mini boxes that get everything over your home network via the main Q box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So I need a coax main connection at the point where the mini box is too?? What if there isn’t one 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thank you for your response @chris_anderson 

Can you confirm if you have the white cable seen here and set up as seen on page 6 https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Adding-a-Virgin-TV-60-Mini-Box.pdf If not please let us know and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

chris_anderson
Joining in

Yes I do

In this case, I am sending you a private message to look into this for you. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chris_anderson wrote:

Yes I do

Just wanted to make sure, as some sales staff have wrongly advised customers in the past that these boxes only need a connection to the internet & not the coax.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks