Menu
anjitay
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mini 360 box

Hi 

I ve received an email offering me the new 360 box with a 360 multi room mini box. I am quite tempted.

However reading this forum the inference is I need a co ax cable linked to a TV aerial  to receive live channels on the mini box. Unfortunately my location means I cannot get a signal from a tv aerial. One of the reasons I have Virgin.

However I do have a satellite dish and I can get live tv via  freesat. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the live tv channels via my satellite dish for the  Virgin mini  multiroom 360 box ?

Thanks for your help.

Anji

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mini 360 box

No the mini box connects to the Virgin network just like your current multi room box so you won't need to worry about signals coming from anywhere other than Virgin.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@anjitay wrote:

Hi 

I ve received an email offering me the new 360 box with a 360 multi room mini box. I am quite tempted.

However reading this forum the inference is I need a co ax cable linked to a TV aerial  to receive live channels on the mini box. Unfortunately my location means I cannot get a signal from a tv aerial. One of the reasons I have Virgin.

I think the offer is to upgrade your current V6 box to 360 over the air, and replace your old tivo box with a mini box.

If you accept it you will receive 2 new remotes and one mini box, make sure you kick off the upgrade on your existing V6 once you recieve the package and then swap the Mini box with your old TiVo!

0 Kudos
SJ1999
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you have two V6 boxes will both of those upgrade to TV360 and you just get two new remotes ?

Or would it be swap one out for a mini-box and return one of the V6's.

I contacted customer care yesterday and the person I spoke to had no knowledge of the V6 being suitable to run TV360.

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@SJ1999 wrote:

If you have two V6 boxes will both of those upgrade to TV360 and you just get two new remotes ?

Or would it be swap one out for a mini-box and return one of the V6's.

I contacted customer care yesterday and the person I spoke to had no knowledge of the V6 being suitable to run TV360.

Yes, any V6 boxes you have will auto upgrade once you set the first one off...and any TiVo will be swapped out to Mini boxes.  You can have a maximum of 3 360 boxes.

That person was wrong, but as we are just in trials with it at the moment it's understandable!

SJ1999
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

it is early days so I understand some may not know.  I’ll try contacting them again at some point as I don’t get the offers on my account.  

0 Kudos