cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini 360 box loses internet connection at 11.30 every night (WiFi) everything else stays connected

Martyn2506
On our wavelength

Every night my mini 360 box loses its connection to internet at around 11.30pm GMT UK WiFi the WiFi still works on everything else at that time but the box will not reconnect unless the router is reset every night!

tried various router settings ie disabled channel optimization or put it on its own WiFi channel but no joy. Been a customer for 9 years but your broadband past few months has been terrible with bad WiFi speeds but this is beyond a joke when it affects my tv.

v6 box 360 software as main 

360 mini box as 2nd box

think it may be time to go slower internet with sky but reliable tv & better customer service 

anyone else had problems similar? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And what was your solution.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Martyn2506, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your 360 mini box, we will do all we can to help. 

You have mentioned the box disconnected at a certain time of night, can you please confirm if all wireless devices also have problems at this time? 

Does the Hub appear to reboot or have you noticed and lights on the equipment flashing or changing colour? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Martyn2506
On our wavelength

Mine is doing the exact same buffering on recordings I have a v8 & a 360 box without hdd I’ve tried to swap boxes round ie the v6 nearest the router & wired or the 360 box wired into the router which ever way round I have it wired!! I’ve put up with it for months but now prices are going up I ain’t putting up with it anymore been a customer over 10 years it’s annoying when you have the wires to have 2 boxes with hdd but Virgin think this is good for every customer ( which it’s not ) please sort this out Virgin or I have to move to another provider 

I’ve sorted this disconnection problem out via technical support now it just the buffering problem when watching recordings see my recent post

thanks for the response 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you have a TV360-master (formerly a V6) & a TV360-mini, and are having issues with wireless connectivity. As per post#2 in this combined thread, do you have issues with other devices in your home at the same time?

What does the wireless signal strength report under the network diagnostics screen on your TV360 box when it has problems?

There's plenty of help available for you on this forum, but it's best to keep your responses to one thread and not pick up posts from other users who have different types of TV box.

Edited to add: Posts crossed with "I've solved it" - great stuff. But for the benefit of other users who may come on this forum looking for help with a similar issue (and for the knowledge of us regular users helping them), how have you solved it? @Martyn2506 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

And what was your solution.

The connection is high! I’ve also used powerline adapters which are recording 50mbps I’ve had the boxes both ways watching recordings is a waste of time on the 360 mini box which is unacceptable for the 600mbps package I have unfortunately being a customer for 10 years has taught me many tricks but nothing will sort this out

ive separated the WiFi signals to try help so 1 for the 5g & 1 for the 2.4ghz as the super hub 3 is notoriously bad if you dont

ive swapped boxes around so each 1 has tried being plugged in the router so both mini box & v6 so the upload or download to the boxes has been changed & if it was a hdd problem I don’t see how the v6 would play recording flawlessly. Used WiFi & powerline adapters there nothing left to try 

i tried to upgrade to 1gb internet but at the time you had no routers which I would do if it was to solve the issue but I don’t see it helping 

we are a internet heavy household 2 teenagers always playing games but this problem still happens when kids are at school & internet use is minimal 

Martyn2506
On our wavelength

Technical support sorted it they could see my box was switching off everynight at that time & sorted it so can’t give a answer I don’t have!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Since you converted your V6 to a TV360, it's no longer a V6. That refers to the TiVo-software it used to run on, but doesn't anymore.

All your recordings are on the 360-master, and the 360-mini is streaming everything. Does OnDemand work on the mini? That uses the same Hub <--> 360 connection, and would be a good test.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All on demand stuff works flawlessly weather it be sky cinema UHD or Netflix or Amazon prime I use the streaming service almost everyday