cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini 360 Box

Peter_Fa
Tuning in

We Currently have 1x360 box and 1x mini box, When watching a TV programme through the TV that's connected to the mini box (not a recording) The TV remote will only let me go back to maximum of 4 and half minutes albeit i have been watching the programme for 45 minutes or so.  I have tried re-pairing the remote, turning the Power off from the mains from the main 360 box and mini box, I have completed a diagnostics test and  everything is very good but the issue still remains, everything else relating to the mini box is also good, including picture quality, there is also no flickering etc. I have disconnected the HDMI cable which is a high quality cable and reconnected but the issue persists. On the Main 360 Box there is not problem. 

any idea's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Peter_Fa,,

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive so only buffers for around 4 minutes, if you know you want to pause for longer then you need to press record so it records on the main box and then you basically stream from the main box, make sure the main box is set to fast start or active start, if it's set to eco then the mini box can't connect.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Hi Peter_Fa,,

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive so only buffers for around 4 minutes, if you know you want to pause for longer then you need to press record so it records on the main box and then you basically stream from the main box, make sure the main box is set to fast start or active start, if it's set to eco then the mini box can't connect.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You were quick off the mark there @roy247  - and spot on as usual 😀

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It was a late night Dave. 🙂