Menu
barclaywales
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Migrating PremierSport from Sky to Virgin

Hi all, I'm new to Virgin and am in the process of getting my broadband & TV sorted ot for installation very soon.

My question is, can anyone tell me how to migrate my PremierSport account From Sky to Virgin? PremierSport are dreadful at customer service & I'm trying to avoid going near them!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Migrating PremierSport from Sky to Virgin

You can do it online as per https://www.premiersports.com/faq 

If you wish to cancel Premier Sports on the Sky platform you can do so by logging into your account premiersports.com/login  click on “My Subscriptions”, select the Cancel Subscription link at the bottom and follow the instructions. If you have any issues logging in please feel free to email us at support@premiersports.com

You can still keep the subscription active if you have one of the older Sky+ boxes (which you are allowed to keep) and keep the box connected as freesat from Sky

** Please note if you subscribe to Premier Sports with VM then you don't have access to the Premier Player. **

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you want to add Premier Sports to your VM subscription, you do so through Virgin Media directly, not through Premier Sports.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
barclaywales
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, my question is that I already have a Premiersports subscription which expires in October, I was wanting to know if I can simply move the 7 month balance of it to my new Virgin box?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@barclaywales wrote:

Thanks for that, my question is that I already have a Premiersports subscription which expires in October, I was wanting to know if I can simply move the 7 month balance of it to my new Virgin box?

Nope. You cannot transfer. Your agreement using the Sky box is directly with Premier & they control the subscriptions. Virgin is a closed system, so Virgin charges you for everything & then pays a fee to Premier Sports for the total number of subscribers they have on their network.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No..

When you subscribe to Premier Sports through VM, you do so directly without dealing with Premier.

Your existing Premier subscription is a matter between yourself & Premier, and doesn't seem to be covered on their FAQ.

I'd recommend contacting Premier and asking them if they'd consider a rebate, although I have some serious doubts you'll get the answer you want.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to add, if you are keeping your Sky box for Free channels then the Sky card will still work for Premier Sports until your contract ends in October. Sky can switch off their channels, but not any others that you subscribe to direct.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

barclaywales
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have asked the question but there’s a resounding silence on the rebate front, which is what I expected to be honest 😟

0 Kudos
barclaywales
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, it’s as I expected but I thought I’d ask.
0 Kudos