cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu

James_R4477
Tuning in

When watching recorded programmes I have the menu showing “HOME GUIDE APPS CATCH UP etc…” faintly across the top of the screen. I’ve not noticed it previously and I am wondering I’ve just missed it and it has been there all the time or is it something new.

Is anyone else getting this?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

I would try rebooting the box if you haven't tried already by either turning the power off with the switch on the back of the box or the plug.

The recent update to 4.46 seems to have caused this and a reboot should fix it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

I would try rebooting the box if you haven't tried already by either turning the power off with the switch on the back of the box or the plug.

The recent update to 4.46 seems to have caused this and a reboot should fix it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @James_R4477 

When my 360 updated to version 4.46 I found  the Home screen navigation text superimposed over the live TV picture.

It was affecting every channel I tried when flicking between channels.

Clicking on Home and then the Back button removed the text overlay and it hasn't returned.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Very Insightful Person (😀)

I didn’t notice this overlay when watching ‘live’ TV (and it’s certainly not there now). It is only there on recorded programmes.

Thanks
J

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The recordings were made while Live TV was showing the issue which has now resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C

Thanks - that makes sense.

J

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @James_R4477 

Glad to hear the community and VIP's were able to support you with your query. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley