Menu
thekopno1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Master golf red button

Anyone experiencing a black screen when pressing the red button on sky sports masters golf channel? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Re: Master golf red button

Yes, same here, Teesside area, using the 360 on main Event and Masters. Having to press Home button instead of back button to get out of black screen.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 71
Flag for a moderator

@thekopno1For what it's worth on my V6 the red button on 501 main event shows no available streams but they are available on 505.

Not sure if the different firmware between the TiVo and Horizon 360 is responsible or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tonyt1962
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Poor stuff from Virgin,  used to like using the red button when I had sky to follow a group and look at amen corner 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Nothing been showing on any of the Sky Channels for red button, just the audio continues with a black screen. I'm not sure if this a fault.

Red button works on the BT Sports channels.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hello thekopno1

Sorry to hear of the issues with the red button during the master's, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Were you able to test this service during the previous 3 days of the event? If so, did it work or did you experience the same problem?

Rob

0 Kudos
Rob1979
Tuning in
Message 7 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've had the blank screen issue on Sky Sports since last Sunday, everything was fine on the Friday (day two of the maters), but I noticed it wasn’t working on Sunday and I thought it must have been a TV rights issue as Skys website said red button coverage was only available on Sky Q for the masters.

but I’ve checked a few times since and my Sky Sports channels red button are still the same, all is fine with BT and BBC. I am hoping it will be all working for the F1 this weekend. Or do people think this is an issue/bug with the TV 360? Should I be logging this with Virgin Media and getting an engineer out? I also have an issue with the Go app and my box, but that’s a separate issue I suspect.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Still the same black screen with audio here in Teesside, not even a holding screen to say no red button available at present.  Version 4.30

Dave

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 71
Flag for a moderator

@Rob1979 wrote:

Should I be logging this with Virgin Media and getting an engineer out? I also have an issue with the Go app and my box, but that’s a separate issue I suspect.

I don't see any harm in logging the fault with VM, but you may find it easier doing that through here (by VM staff picking up this post after a few days) than calling in. You shouldn't need an engineer out for this - it's not a box or signal issue specific to your equipment, and clearly affects other users.

Try posting details of your TV Go issue in the TV Anywhere forum here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 71
Flag for a moderator

I've raised this with the support team to look into further as it seems to be effecting multiple users.

Once I have an update I will report back here.

Rob

0 Kudos