forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Tbones
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many V6 Features now gone since having 360 box. How do I change back to V6?

I have had the 360 box now for 3 days and so far I am not impressed with the amount of features that are now not there that I once enjoyed with the V6 box. 

Today I am recording two live programs and am switching between the two. With the V6 box I had the capability of being able to rewind the said programs to any point that i want to however with the 360 box it goes to live TV without the capability of rewinding them unless I want to watch the program from the start. This is so frustrating and a feature I use all of the time especially if my wife goes out of the room for 5 minutes I then dont want to see a paused tv so I go and look at other programs however I am unable to easily go back to the program and rewind to where I left off as I have been able to with the V6.

I also do not like the fact that I am unable to go back or forward by say 15 minutes as i could with the V6. So an example is that when I record a program the first 30 minutes is not wanted and I want to skip to 30 minutes forward. On the 360 I have to use the fast forward button and be clever enough to stop it in the correct place. With the V6 box I could fast forward it with the click of 2 buttons. Also on the fast forward or rewind when you stop on the 360 it stops where you stop it however on the V6 box you could go past the point of stop and it would go back or forward 5 seconds which is great and much missed on the 360 box.

I am also annoyed that when using a series link it does not give me the option to only record new content and it just records everything and all catch ups as well.. not great as this will fill up the hard drive... not sure what happens once full though as I have not got there however I am worried that id I go away on holiday in the future the hard drive will fill up and I miss a lot of my recordings.

I do like the option of being able to watch various programs from the start if it has the capability of doing but if I am watching in HD I have seen it go to catch up in SD mode which is so frustrating with a 4k tv.

I also do not like the thought of not being able retrieve deleted recordings if I have deleted them by mistake as I could with the V6 box.

The remote control takes a lot of getting used to as well as the buttons are not profiled as much as they are on the V6 box... not a major problem .

I have an engineer coming out on Thursday to look at my system as I have a 360 box in one room and a V6 box in the other room and they do not see each other. What I want to do is to change back to V6 set up. Is this possible please?

Thank you 

Tony

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Many V6 Features now gone since having 360 box. How do I change back to V6?

Regarding the fast forward 15 minutes you can do that with the click of 1 button, if you press and hold the ‘mic’ button and say ‘skip 15 minutes’ (or however long you want to skip) then it will skip forward that amount of time in the blink of an eye.

I agree the record new is a tad frustrating but there are new features coming in the hopefully very near future.

I quite like the 360 as I have the functions I didn’t have on the v6, such as hdmi-cec and voice control, I do believe in time it will be as good, if not better, than the TiVo software, will just take time…

0 Kudos
Tbones
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah thank you I had not thought about that with using the voice control.

As with the HDMI-cec... no biggy for me to be fair but I get what you mean.

I am with you on the fact that 360, in time, will hopefully have the features that are currently on V6 and many more. Until then I really do not like the 360 a there are a lot of features that I use that are simply not there. Dont get me wrong there are many positives about the 360 but at the moment they do not out weigh the small negatives in terms of the amount of them versus how much I need to use the negatives if that makes sense.
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your recordings are in the saved folder and you can continue from point of watch there I believe

Equipment; HUB4 , x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
ultimate oomph gig1
0 Kudos
Tbones
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you and I understand that however on a V6 box if I am recording 2 programs and switch between the two and want to rewind on either of the programs I am watching it will allow me to do that. On the 360 it will not allow me unless I go into my saved programs and then have to search to find the point I want. Its a lot of faffing around when I am used to being able to do it on the V6 box automatically.

0 Kudos