Menu
scalkin
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Manage my Tivo from PC - boxes not listed

I upgraded my tivo boxes from V6 to the new 360 and 360 mini and these were activated on Dec 21st 2020. The info I had at taht time from Virgin said that it would take 48 hours for the new boxes to show via the "manage my tivo) on the website. After 4 days I contacted virgin and was told that it would take a week. I have now been waiting over 2 weeks and the boxes are still not showing which means I still can't copy my planned recordings across. The old boxes used to be listed as "deactivated" but available to copy the settings across but now they seem to have vanished. This is rubbish and the new boxes although faster do not have the functionality of the old! Seems like I actually downgraded.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manage my Tivo from PC - boxes not listed

Short answer is the new 360 boxes are not TiVO boxes.

They run on a new platform called Horizon, so none of the systems meant for TiVO will operate them.

Even when using the apps it is different. The TiVO boxes use the TV Control app, the Horizon boxes use the TV GO app.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
scalkin
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info, I already knew that but it's more than Virgin told me and it does NOT explain why the website has not been updated to cater for the new boxes (the website shouldn't have an issue whichever platform the boxes run on!) or why I was told by Virgin themsleves that it WOULD be there but it would take 7 days. I can use the phone app but that doesn't allow settings to be copied and it now looks like they have been lost forever as I couldn't even export them to a simple csv file (which is pretty shabby really) and I'm too old to be able to remember all the series links I had saved. I just wish that the new boxes felt like an upgrade. The fact that you can't specify a series link as "new only" is a real downgrade and I'm still not convinced the menu system is actually better.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you can't transfer settings from tivo to 360
0 Kudos
scalkin
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's a pity the Virgin staff don't know that because that is exactly what I was told to do! And it should be possible, it's just data. Pretty poor to switch to a new system and yet remove a lot of the existing functionality.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Horizon V360 is a next generation platform from a different firmware company to the TiVO platform.

It is being implemented by Virgins American parent company who have taken over a load of other cable operations worldwide & are replacing all systems with their own.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

It may be just data that needs to be transferred but the data that is required by the Horizon platform is different from what data can be given by the Tivo platform, if you transferred the Tivo data to the Horizon platform, the new platform would not recognize it and could cause unpredictable operation.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
scalkin
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Data can easily be converted from one system to another, it's not acceptable that Virgin didn't plan for this and didn't tell their staff that this would be the case. I was told by Virgin that I would be able to copy my series links across. I was told by Virgin that it would take 48 hours for the new boxes to show in My Tivo Boxes. I was then told by Virgin in a telephone conversation that it would take 7 days. It is only on this forum that the real information is being given. I don't want to keep repeating this here, I just wanted to log this so that anybody else given the same information would be able to see that it is false.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It maybe something that comes in the future as more TiVo functions like better Series Links etc get added.

0 Kudos