cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked TV shows

aarongeorge
Joining in

DC1E1C4D-3907-4D61-8F7B-5DA75E80A6D0.jpeg

I’ve just been set up with the most recent virgin box, but some shows are showing as locked. I’ve turned off all parental locks, no channels are locked. I’ve set it so you don’t need to require a pin outside of watershed hours, but it’s still asking for a pin everyone I go onto the show. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @aarongeorge 

Sky and  ITV2 amongst others have started showing programs during daytime hours that would ordinarily have been behind a watershed. 

Sky Cinema, Sky Documentaries and Sky Comedy all have mandatory PIN protection for shows they broadcast outside the watershed hours.

The only way they're allowed to do this is have mandatory daytime protection as set out by ofcom.org.uk/mandatory-daytime-protection 

On Demand also has PIN protection based on the watershed hours.

This  also applies to some Startover programs, if you have missed the start you can watch live without a pin, but if you watch from the start you need a pin

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @aarongeorge 

Sky and  ITV2 amongst others have started showing programs during daytime hours that would ordinarily have been behind a watershed. 

Sky Cinema, Sky Documentaries and Sky Comedy all have mandatory PIN protection for shows they broadcast outside the watershed hours.

The only way they're allowed to do this is have mandatory daytime protection as set out by ofcom.org.uk/mandatory-daytime-protection 

On Demand also has PIN protection based on the watershed hours.

This  also applies to some Startover programs, if you have missed the start you can watch live without a pin, but if you watch from the start you need a pin

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any encrypted subscription channel can now show more adult rated programmes at the times they choose providing there is mandatory PIN protection in force.

This will not include any channels that are Free-to Air on other platforms (All BBC, ITV, Ch4 & 5 variations etc)

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks