Menu
Lister110
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Live TV, signal quality not available (second box) / Constant WI-FI drops / Reboot Router

TV:

Hi, we have just had Virgin Media installed (about a month). We have the 'Ultimate Oomph bundle' package (most expensive!!) with two TV boxes connected via Hub 3 (Optical leads running through the flat).

An ARRIS-DCX960-MPA+ TV box connected to a HUMAX-E0S1008C-V001 TV Box.

Every time we try connecting Live TV (Apps) we're getting 'Signal Quality' NOT AVAILABLE. This is not good. It sometimes woks, but when It doesn't I have to turn off the box (bedroom) and wait for the HUMAX to start back up.

With the second box (HUMAX/Bedroom) Im disappointed with the quality, looks a little blurry (TV is Toshiba 32LL3A63DB 1080p), and the Sound from films seems very low, we almost have to turn up the sound to Max.

The Broadband/WIFI:

The broadband / WIFI seems very erratic. We both work from home and need to work across Zoom calls. Sometimes the connection drops or stutters, which effecting important meetings. We need a very stable connection in our flat (The Router was placed in the bedroom by the engineer, who said this will be the best position).

Can someone please help!! Spending a lot of money for this not too work properly seems crazy

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live TV, signal quality not available (second box) / Constant WI-FI drops / Reboot Router

The post is a little confusing to say the least.

1) You have posted on the V6 (TiVO platform) board but you have a Virgin Humax box which only runs on Horizon V360.

2) The statement that you have an Arris Virgin TV box connected to a Humax TV box. Apart from surround audio systems, Virgin TV boxes are not designed to be connected to anything other than a TV.

VM routers (along with most ISP supplied kit) should be classed as “entry level” kit. Don’t expect all the performance of a commercially bought router.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lister110
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live TV, signal quality not available (second box) / Constant WI-FI drops / Reboot Router

Ok great, I'll repost on the V360 forums
We have two TV boxes. The TV box in the bedroom keeps loosing connection (APPS/LIVE TV). If we record stuff in the bedroom they is saved to the box in the front room?

Not sure how confusing that is?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Can I suggest @Lister110  - I know you're trying to be helpful in quoting box model numbers, but perhaps just tell us which box you have from this link 

As regards the broadband, remember VM supply a broadband connection from which the router supplies WiFi. I'd suggest posting about those issues in the WiFi board here , keeping this post for the TV-specific problems.

Edited to add: Please, no need to create another new post. We'll move this one to the V360 board for you if that's the box you have?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Lister110
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Its the 'Virgin TV 360 box' it seems for both

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Lister110 wrote:

We have two TV boxes. The TV box in the bedroom keeps loosing connection (APPS/LIVE TV). If we record stuff in the bedroom they is saved to the box in the front room?

If you have multiple V360 boxes as a new-install, only the primary one has a hard drive, the extra miniboxes just feed off the main box. You can still multiroom stream them, but you will only have one hard drive (this is unlike a V6-install where every box has a separate hard drive)

You've mentioned "signal error" issues on one of the boxes - is there an error code/number alongside that error? If it's an error generated by the 360, there should be. If not, it could easily be the TV saying "I'm on the wrong input"

0 Kudos
Lister110
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

test2_number.jpg

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The online error message is the same as shown on your screen, you ned to call VM 

/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2401-contactus 

It may be that their systems need tweaking, or codes sending to the box

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I concur with newapollo here - I'd been pondering on whether this could be a connectivity issue between your router & second box, but the error message (including the online advice) is unequivocal and I'd recommend following its suggestion.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Lister110,

Apologies for the late reply. Have you been able to get things sorted since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos