Menu
GoonerByron
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Live TV on 360 Mini

Hi,

Just had my Virgin Media 360 boxes installed. Before ordering I’d read a few articles about it previously and they seemed to all say the Minis  can watch Live TV and your recordings via WiFi and without a Virgin cable being installed in every room much like Sky Q but this doesn’t seem to be working for me and I’m not sure if it’s even supposed to?

All I get is Channel failed constantly on the Mini Box, and see no recording information. All I can do with it is watch Sky Movies/Box sets and use Apps such as Netflix.

Any help appreciated!

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live TV on 360 Mini

The article was wrong, the minis need a coax connection the same as the main box

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A reference to these articles that misled you would be useful so Virgin Media can get them changed if they are, in fact, wrong.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
GoonerByron
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That’s a shame, it seems crazy that even with their new platform you can’t watch TV in bedrooms without intrusive cables when Sky have had this for years and you can view all these channels on the Virgin App even out on mobile data networks.

It wasn’t a Virgin article I’d read, just review sites such as the below..

https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/virgin-tv-360-upgrade

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NEVER trust the detail on any review.

If you want WiFi only, unreliable connection and no 4K go for Sky.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does seem a little strange they didn’t find a way to lose the cable , but to honest virgin broadband is definitely the best by a Mile , it’s the main reason I stay with them 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The main reason they stick with Coax is better picture quality, you can get 4K on all your boxes. Also if your internet goes down you still have live TV access and dont lose it too