cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV 360 box picture pixellation

cbcb7676
Joining in

Hi, the live TV on certain channels such as Pick and Blaze is really bad for pixelating but isn't a problem on itv1.

I have rebooted the box to no avail and have gone through the process of reporting the problem by phone but when virgin does the check for any connection/signal problems, it doesn't complete it, my phone screen just shows the virgin logo with the line zooming round and round.

At the end of my tether with virgin now as I've had it for a fortnight and had nothing but problems, including still not having my own box outside fitted due to lack of communication between Virgin and the fitters, so I'm still operating through next doors box

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

They need to come out and fix the issue - my suggestion is 'phone them and tell them you are cancelling.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's perfectly normal for certain channels to be affected by a signal fault and others not to be. When you do call to report, a common CS thing is to "send signals" and for you to monitor. This does often serve to force a remote reboot, but otherwise if you have a signal fault this can't be solved remotely and will only be fixed by "boots on the ground".

If all else fails, forum staff should be along in a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cbcb7676
Joining in

Thanks for both replies. They are coming out on 2nd October to fix a box on my wall and do a "cable repull" whatever that is. I think I will call them in the coming days to report the issue unless told otherwise by a virgin member on here 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A repull is a new cable being run from the street-cab to your home.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks