cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat times

JB1002
Tuning in

Can someone explain why, when I joined Live Chat and said I wanted to reduce service/costs, it took 1 hour 55 minutes yesterday for an agent to join (I had left), and today I was told the wait time was 84 minutes.  BUT... when I went in again and said I wanted to add channels, an agent was there within one minute.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JB1002 

If you are wanting to reduce services then that needs to be the cancellations (Customer Care/Retentions) team which invariably have long waiting queues. 

Adding channels/services is  a different department (Regrades)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JB1002
Tuning in

Interesting to see you say "invariably have long waiting queues". Perhaps Virgin Media should realise this and provide more resources to help the majority of customers, and perhaps find out why so many people want to cancel!! Cancellations or upgrades..... it is all about changing a service.  What I have found is that the options available or put forward by the Agents don't make it easy for a customer to understand.

If you want to make changes to your package it's best to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and then select the "leaving option" which will put you through to retentions, this is usually UK based and the best time to call is around 8am when they open, although when I have called around lunch time I have also got through quickly.