Menu
PhilipF
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Linked boxes

Does the ability to view recorded programmes on the other box via powerlines and ethernet remain when you upgrade the v6 box to 360?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Linked boxes

V6 and TV 360 are no different in their connections.

Each requires both a co-ax connection and a router connection, either direct Ethernet cable, Ethernet over powerlines or WiFi.

Both devices can access recordings from MultiRoom boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PhilipF
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks, I was unclear, in my post this is a software upgrade to V6 boxes x2 and new remotes, I assume the answer is the same?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 Arris V6 boxes that have now been updated to TV360. I have both connected Ethernet via Virgin Boosters as default the boxes list the recording from all the boxes as one combined list

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a question for the Virgin Media Admins or TV360 team. As The TV360 lists all the recording in one list as default. Does it treat all boxes as combined storage. For example if you set something to record on series link on your living room 360 box and there is not enough space on that box would it then record it on the bedroom box automatically ?

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@TiffanyGreen97 wrote:

I have a question for the Virgin Media Admins or TV360 team. As The TV360 lists all the recording in one list as default. Does it treat all boxes as combined storage. For example if you set something to record on series link on your living room 360 box and there is not enough space on that box would it then record it on the bedroom box automatically ?

yes

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

that is a great function thanks for confirming BlueLou

0 Kudos