Menu
Caligulacabbage
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Like the 360 upgrade very slick

Hello Virginmedia Advisers

Thanks for the upgrade 

Only thing I can find to gripe is Amazon Prime manual search doesn’t work and no voice control on Netflix or Prime to get back to 360 Home Screen . Apart from that the family love it 

Now how do I send back the obsolete v6 remote controls ? Please would you send me a postage paid envelope to send them back I have two I no longer need.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Like the 360 upgrade very slick

For hygiene reasons virgin do not reuse remote controls

*You must keep them in a drawer for the next 10 year (just in case they come in useful) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kantblue
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here, the upgrade process went very well and the new interface gets the thumbs up from us. There are some missing elements compared with the V6 box but its nothing that spoils the party for our household.

I have transferred the old remotes to the appropriate 'pointless storage drawer' though I did have to move some of the other remotes that were in there to the 'pointless storage cupboard' 🙂

kantblue

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

currently on TV 360 the search facility only works on the 360 software and guide it does not search with in the apps like Netflix or Amazon Prime. Apparently this is currently being looked into 

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Prime coming soon, Netflix no plans as yet.  They play differently these days!

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi BlueLou,

Surely if it works on Tivo that the Horizon team will be able to enable it. I am sure Netflix would want customer to have that kind of experience with their service

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All apps are on Virgin services as part of an agreement with the content provider.

Those agreements would likely include how the apps integrate with existing services and new ones. Doesn't matter whether the technical capability is there or not.

So it's not something that Virgin Media can add by themselves. Netflix (and others) have to agree to it too.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix doesn't seem to want that. Almost no 3rd party services are able to include Netflix in their aggregated content at the moment.