cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Later airing time series recording

djanm
On our wavelength

Hello

I have a problem with my Made in Chelsea series recording (guilty pleasure please don't judge). 

The first showing of the latest episode is Monday at 22:00, and there is a subsequent showing on Tuesday at 03:20, which has distracting sign language on it.  My box picks up the Tuesday 03:20 episode and it is difficult to watch for me with the signer.

Is there any way to instruct the series to record the first showing of a series episode, and not subsequent showings? That is, pick up the first showing rather than the second one.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

1701-e
Superfast

If it's set to new only then it'll pick up the first one but you could select all episodes from now on and if it records extras just delete them.

roy247
Community elder

Hi djanm,

Could it be possible the episode was about to start or had started when you set the series link, if that was the case then the 360 would record it the next time it was shown. I have seen the 360 do a partial recording and then replace it with a full recording.

If you check your planned recordings what time do they show.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@djanm wrote:

Is there any way to instruct the series to record the first showing of a series episode, and not subsequent showings? That is, pick up the first showing rather than the second one.

That's how TiVo-software works, TV360 has the same basic logic of getting the first available showing.

Did your box have 6 recordings already set at the same time?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given there is another thread with the same issue, I suspect the reason behind this is that the first showing metadata was wrong and didn’t include it as part of the series.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Freeway
Tuning in

I have just been directed to your message by a kind Forum member.  The exact same thing happened to us.  Fortunately my daughter noticed as she wanted to watch it on delay to cut out the adverts so managed to set it up to record on +1.  There must have been a fault with the original episode.