cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Sky Sports UHD Content

amykward87
Joining in

I just paid the £7 for the Sky Sports UHD upgrade and am pretty disappointed at the content. I watch Sky Sports almost solely for the F1 - on Sky that would mean I would get a dedicated UHD Sky F1 channel to watch all the testing, practice, qualification and races in UHD. On Virgin, it seems like this isn't even going to be close to what is available.

Take for example the F1 testing that will happen over the next 3 days - this is split into 6 separate morning and afternoon sessions. As mentioned, on Sky, those would all be available in UHD but on Virgin, they are only showing one of the six sessions, the first one. The really galling thing is that whilst the testing is on, they have two Sky Sports UHD channels that are showing absolutely nothing according to the TV planner!

So I am paying £7 a month for one channel that seems to be showing sporadic 4K sports content from all over the place and two channels that for the most part are showing nothing, even when there is live UHD content from Sky they could be showing there to justify the money! Overall it's very disappointing and will definitely make me consider leaving for Sky when my contract is up considering you no longer need a dish.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve on this? It's going to be pretty disappointing if only the races and you would HOPE the qualifying sessions for the F1 are available in UHD!

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@amykward87 wrote:

Take for example the F1 testing that will happen over the next 3 days - this is split into 6 separate morning and afternoon sessions. As mentioned, on Sky, those would all be available in UHD but on Virgin, they are only showing one of the six sessions, the first one. The really galling thing is that whilst the testing is on, they have two Sky Sports UHD channels that are showing absolutely nothing according to the TV planner!

Does anyone know if there are any plans to improve on this? It's going to be pretty disappointing if only the races and you would HOPE the qualifying sessions for the F1 are available in UHD!

Hi @amykward87 

The F1 testing is currently showing on channel 534 Sky Sports UHD (12:15pm), even though it isn't shown as available in the EPG

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the info, appreciated! That's frustrating as it means the series link recording doesn't work - I have to work during that so was hoping to record and watch later but the series link is recording the afternoon session on the standard HD channel. Seems a real mess if they can't even properly display what they plan to show!