Menu
Blakey47
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Keeping box awake

So I've got the new 360 box and it's taken some getting used to.

I've got the main box in the lounge and the mini box in the bedroom but I've noticed that unless the main box is awake and has the white light on the front then you can't watch any recordings on the mini box!

It just spins round then after about a minute says oops, there's been an error (or something similar).

Going downstairs and waking up the main box then allows me to watch my recordings.

Is there any way of keeping the main box awake so I don't have to trapse downstairs to keep switching that box on so I can watch recordings on my mini box?

Blakey

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping box awake

Hi,

Try setting the boxes to active start in settings. This works for me.

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blakey

what have you got the "Standby power consumption" setting set to on the main box?  If it is anything other than "Fast Start" then the main box will be going to sleep when it goes into standby and the minis might not be able to wake it.  It might not work even when set to "Fast Start", I don't have any minis to test this theory.

Just another bug in the 360 I guess 🙄

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Both my main and mini boxes work ok on Fast Start and I don't have to switch my main box on to watch recordings n my mini.

0 Kudos