Menu
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Keep your V6 tivo. Not the horizon tv 360 service.

Hi guys & ladies

Let's all stand together and not allow virgin into forcing us to take their new horizon tv 360 service. 

Why should we accept a service we don't want? The answer is we shouldn't 😁. If your happy with your v6 tivo system. Then let's hang on to it as long as we can 😊. When you renew your contract. Negotiate a deal which includes keeping your v6 tivo box or boxes 😁.

Remember. We didn't ask virgin for the horizon 360 tv service. They are eventually going to force it on us 🙁. Stand hard and strong and say (No). We don't want it 😀

J.H
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep your V6 tivo. Not the horizon tv 360 service.

if you do not want it cancel.
Simple.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Why should I cancel 🤔

Its easier to play awkward and stubburn 😀. I won't let virgin force me. I will keep my V6 boxes until their tivo license ends 😁. Hopefully they will then think about upgrading their existing v6 boxes with their horizon platform 🤔. I need a box with a hard drive in each. That's not how the horizon tv 360 works apparently 🙁. Also I've heard it doesn't offer the wishlist facility or the ability to record new shows in series links 🙁. Unfortunately it won't work for me ☹️

J.H
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

you cancel or you take the services offered. it's that simple.
When VM decide to replace the tivo with 360 you will not have any options. the tivo license is coming to an end

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes I will have an option 😁

They won't be ending tivo anytime soon 😁. Virgin only signed a new multi year contract with tivo back in 2017 😀. In-fact the engineer who came to my house a few month back to fix a fault mentioned that tivo will be running for a year or two yet 😁. I will only take a horizon tv 360 service when they don't charge extra for it 😀. Apparently you have to pay extra for it at moment 🙁

J.H
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

you also pay a tivo fee

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Erm actually I don't pay my tivo fee 😁. It's paid for by virgin. They did me a deal in my contract which waved the fees 😁. I've saved £45 a month on my contract 😁

J.H
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Johnny1983 

Have you actually tried a TV 360 or just jumping on what others are saying?

Having one myself, I am qualified to comment but, being honest, it’s pretty much doing what I want it to do.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's the fact that the multi room box shares the main box hard drive that won't work for me. Due to my grandparents needing their own hard drive. 

Also I've heard it doesn't offer wishlists or the ability to record new only on wishlists 🙁

Unfortunately it's a big no for me 😁

J.H
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Tivo license.

Hi. 

I've heard and read about virgins new horizon tv 360 service they've just recently launched. Does anyone happen to know if virgin plan to extend their tivo license past 2021? 🤔 As I really don't want to take on their horizon tv 360 service. As it doesn't suit me or my grandparents who I live with. As we both need our own boxes with a hard drive. My grandparents said sharing a hard drive isn't an option. As we have different tastes in programs and movies. The horizon tv 360 isn't an option for me unfortunately. Also I won't be considering ending my contract either. As I'm happy with the service we currently get 😁. I will be opting to stick with tivo as long as I can 😀. I also hear you can't select record new only in series links. I also hear theirs no option to setup wishlists. So tivo all the way for me. If its not broke don't fix it 😁

J.H
0 Kudos