cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep being told Virgin TV 2 is offline, or not connecting. Turn it on to watch your recordings.

billyfraser0503
Joining in

Keep getting the message "Virgin TV 2 is offline, or not connecting. Turn it on to watch your recordings".

My box is obviously on and this message doesn't make sense. It only started doing this last night.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

If the box is in standby make sure it's set to fast start or active start, if both boxes are not not in standby then check your network connections, can you still use on-demand and streaming on both box's, that should check both box's network connections.

You need to read the info about the issue again. The box is not in standby it is on and the recorded programmes show the above error when I try to play them. It only started doing this a couple of days ago.

So, do you have two boxes, or just one? 

And if it's two boxes are they both boxes with hard disks (converted V6 boxes) or one box with a hard disk and a mini-box?

The message suggests that the recording is on the other box, either because you only have one box with a hard disk or because the program was set to record on the other box and that box is not responding (because it is switched off or doesn't have a network connection).

It's working now although I never actually did anything.

Hey billyfraser0503, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you was having some issues however I am happy to hear they are now working.

Please do feel free to reach out if this happens again. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?