cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined on Ultimate Oomph but would like 2 more boxes.

MysticalWizzard
On our wavelength

So as the title states, Got installed with 360 yesterday and have a 360 main and 1 360 mini but would like two more boxes (4 total)

I’m aware of 360’s limitations for one main box and 2 mini boxes but I can’t see anywhere of the possibility of being switched over to V6 and having 3 V6 boxes and 1 TiVO so I can get the 4 boxes required. 

———————————————————-
Ultimate Oomph Customer Since 2021, Virgin TV 360 (x1 Main & x2 Mini), Gig1 (Hub 4) + Netflix add-on
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are a brand new customer, I really doubt you will get what you want. TV 360 is what is offered to new customers, not V6 which will eventually be removed from the network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

New customers can’t get V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Apparently there’s something they can do, they put me through to a certain team but then it cut off after around half hour on the phone. Just wondering what this resolution was before calling again tomorrow. 

———————————————————-
Ultimate Oomph Customer Since 2021, Virgin TV 360 (x1 Main & x2 Mini), Gig1 (Hub 4) + Netflix add-on

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are a brand new customer, I really doubt you will get what you want. TV 360 is what is offered to new customers, not V6 which will eventually be removed from the network.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MysticalWizzard wrote:

I’m aware of 360’s limitations for one main box and 2 mini boxes but I can’t see anywhere of the possibility of being switched over to V6 and having 3 V6 boxes and 1 TiVO so I can get the 4 boxes required. 

Just to reinforce what Ernie has said really - I will be absolutely & utterly amazed if you achieve this. I wouldn't be surprised if a "rogue" C/S agent has given you the impression they'll "sort something out" for you - but you're likely to be disappointed with the result.

The only customers having V6 installed now, are conversions from TiVo. With the exception of TV-only customers, all new TV customers are given TV360 and that's non-negotiable.

@MysticalWizzard wrote:

Apparently there’s something they can do, they put me through to a certain team but then it cut off after around half hour on the phone. Just wondering what this resolution was before calling again tomorrow. 

You have obviously spoken to the off shore call centre who will say yes to anything you want, your best bet is to phone 150 if you have a Virgin phone and speak to retensions and if you get someone who know's what they are doing they should tell you 360 will only support 3 boxes, if they tell you something different let everyone know.

As others have said new customer's can't have V6 boxes and customers who have moved from V6 to 360 can't change back.

Just a little update, I’ve ordered another 360 mini so now have the max available to be installed on the 26th. Odd I had to have an engineer though as we have the wall sockets in every room and used QuickStart with the Super Hub 4, 360 and 360 mini a couple days ago with no issue. 

Hopefully they allow more mini boxes in the future as I’ll definitely get the 4th, for comparison Sky Q allows 1 main box and 4 minis to be connected at once but hated that service and suffered with it since launch hence the switch to virgin, mainly as it’s cheaper for Sky/BT Sports all together and 600mbps BB is brilliant even multi room on virgin works out cheaper… win win really. 

———————————————————-

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SkyQ mini boxes don’t do 4K.

The current limitation is likely because the TV 360 mini boxes do do 4K and the recordings traffic goes across the Ethernet and/or WiFi connection to the Hub from the main box.

Oh yeah I know they’re capped at 1080p on the Sky Q mini boxes, well… when they don’t have connectivity issues stopping you from watching anything anyway, also with Sky Q even though you can have 4 minis on one main box you can only use the main box along with two minis at once the other two are useless unless you turn one of the others off. 

———————————————————-

Hi MysticalWizzard, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to have as many boxes as you'd like just yet. 

When you have a main box and a mini box, if you are wanting a second, we get an engineer to install this regardless of whether the cabling is already there as they will ensure power levels for all boxes are correct. 

As already mentioned on the thread by other users, we wouldn't be able to offer you the older boxes I'm afraid. 

Please let us know how the install of the last box goes and remember we are here if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs