Itvx problem cs2400

Johnpitt2
Tuning in

Won't launch

10 REPLIES 10

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on ITVx. 

Can you please confirm if your set top box is connected via Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet cable?

Do you experience this error code on any other devices? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have tried wired and wireless. A complete reset of the modem and router with no positive result.

ITVx works on other platforms and apps in my home and recordings disappear without warning from Virgin Media box. 
Since getting the upgrade on the V6 box to 360 I have also had problems with broadband speeds it’s 50% of what it should be and erratic.

Regards

John

Thanks for coming back to me @Johnpitt2.

If you can please following this link for further step by step diagnostics, this may be able to assist you with the fixing of this fault.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you so much for help so far.

unfortunately after following the steps outlined in your messages have not worked.

The ITVx app still will not launch. Is there an update available?

Regarding broadband the connections all have been checked and tightened. 
regrettably the performance is still less than 50% and erratic. I suspect the problem is external to our home.

Regards

Johnpitt2

Hi @Johnpitt2,

Thank you for giving that a try. I'm so sorry to hear that it unfortunately hasn't helped. What was the outcome of following those steps? What did the last screen listed there advise?

Have you tried rebooting the box yet to see if that helps at all? To do this, please follow the steps listed here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I went back to back basics. My own router was removed and the Hub 5 was restored to be primary source of modem and router. All connections rechecked and the performance of my broadband is now outstanding. I also did not take into account that some laptops, smartphones and tablets are not compatible for high speeds. I am now addressing this. 
The only outstanding problem is the ITVx app with cs2400 fault code. I will now concentrate fully on this problem.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your tremendous service.

Kind regards

John

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Johnpitt2,

Thank you for your reply, I have checked our systems and can see there are no area or internet issues that could be causing this, so I feel the box is faulty and may need replacing. I will arrange a tech visit so they can come and look at this for you.

I will pop you over a PM, please keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @Johnpitt2.

Glad I could get this booked in for you, as advised you can check/cancel/change your appointment 👉 here. Please let us know how you get on, and so you are aware there may be a 25.00 charge if:

•    You are not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by someone at your premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Thanks,

Zoie

This is a follow up to recent correspondence.  The reported faults have now been repaired. The set-top box had to be replaced as it was faulty. Broadband is working well. Is there a possibility that some WiFi boosters are included with my package? 
I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody involved who me so professionally.

Regards

John