cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after installing Virgin 360

Reidy1987
Tuning in

Good evening, I have just installed Virgin 360 and there arre two major issues.

1. All of the recordings made previously have been deleted. There was no warning that this would happen, otherwise I would not have switched. Is there any way to recover these lost recordings?

2. The new remote was supposed to pair with the TV. Tis has not happened. So now I need to use the TV remote to switch the TV remote to turn the TV on and off and to control the volume, plus mute.

I am very disappointed (to say the least) about this. Please advise as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Reidy1987 

Thanks for updating the thread.

It's good to see that the remote is now fully paired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From this page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360

IMG_2269.jpeg

If you can explain what difficulty you are having pairing the remote, I’m sure someone will be able to help. What TV do you have, for instance?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I followed the on-screen instructions to pair the remote with the tv, ie press TV and 0 for 10 seconds and got a message that it had paired successfully.

However, the TV Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down and Mute buttons don't work. I have to use the remote for the TV to do these things.

The TV is a JVC LT-39C460

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have paired the remote to the TV 360.

You now need to go into settings on the TV 360 and set parameters in the AUDIO & VIDEO section.

Set

Pair remote with devices

and

Volume keys control

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

that did not work. I followed your instructions but the audio keys still don't work and it said that older tvs may not pair.

So, to sum up, I have been persuaded to install an "upgrade" that has deleted all my recordings and a remote control that needs me to buy a new tv so that it will work properly.

Is there a complaints procedure thay does not involve me having to deal with a bot?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Reidy1987 

If you haven't already done so then you need to turn on HDMI CEC on your TV - page 45 of the TV  user manual <<< here >>> 

You may  also need to turn on One power on the 360 box -  Settings > System > One Power 

Have you tried new batteries in the 360 remote? I realise it's a new install and the supplied batteries should work, however this has enabled many users to succesfully pair their device.

Following that if it doesn't work, have you tried factory resetting the 360 remote, and setting it up again using the following method?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing..

You can also try the following slightly different method

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.

Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four  consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance with your model JVC LT-39C460  I would firstly try entering  C460 - if that doesn't work then I would try LT-3 or 39C4  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices >  JVC >

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.96E

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's complaints process is detailed at https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice 

If ever you're not happy with a sales offer, it's usually better to firmly go with "no thankyou"

@Reidy1987 wrote:

So, to sum up, I have been persuaded to install an "upgrade" that has deleted all my recordings and a remote control that needs me to buy a new tv so that it will work properly.

If you want something roughly the same size then this looks a good buy if you are quick, and it's 4k so improvement on picture quality.

https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-43uq91006la-2022-led-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-43-inch-with-freeview-hd-...

Hello again,

Sorry for the delay, I had a few things to do. I tried all of your suggestions and the result is that I can how switch the power on/off using the 560 trmote. The TV power on/off still doesn't work.

e for the wierd part. While I was going through the pairing procedure, on onr of the tests, the volume up key switched off the tv. But none of the audio buttons will turn the volume up or down or mute. I keep getting a message that older devices may not work. How old is "older"?

Thanks again, Jim

Hi Reidy1987, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues following the installation of the set  top box and this is not the experience we want you to have with us. 

Can you confirm if you have done what newapollo has suggested? 

Are you still having issues with this since posting?

Kind regards, Chris.