cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolator cable too short

LehaneH
Joining in

Hi there,

I'm new to Virgin and I've got my self set-up kit but the isolator cable is too short to reach my TV box. I think I need an extension cable. I was actually told this wouldn't be a problem when I was buying the package instore and on the phone just now. But it clearly is. I've linked WiFi to my TV box but the channels aren't working.

Can anyone help with this please? I saw perhaps a technician is needed.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Yes you need to give Virgin a call and ask for a manned installation if the coax cable is too short, all live TV is down the coax cable.

It should be free as part of the installation.

Thanks Roy, I'll await a member of the team to get back to me as Virgin are charging £30 for an engineer to come to me but that's an automated thing. I'm sure a Virgin forum member can book one instead.

Appreciate you getting back to this.

roy247
Community elder

You can call Virgin on 150 from a VM phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

It could be 2 to 3 day's wait for the forum team but you might be lucky as it's an installation.

I did that and it's booked for Wednesday, thanks so much again Roy - lifesaver!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LehaneH wrote:
Thanks Roy, I'll await a member of the team to get back to me as Virgin are charging £30 for an engineer to come to me but that's an automated thing. I'm sure a Virgin forum member can book one instead.

Appreciate you getting back to this.

It's an initial install, & if the QS Kit standard leads are not suitable then for a short period you can ask for a free manned install. If they do charge you I would dispute it, as you had no knowledge of how long the provided cables would be.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah the guy on the phone basically forced me to say those words so he could book me a free technician! Boom.