most annoying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @WW1948 

Perhaps you have something to this on your TV

I have a Sports Alert set up on my LG TV and a message appears in the bottom left hand corner when there is a goal scored, and it also shows the full time score for the teams I've selected. 

I can go into the app settings to either remove individual teams or turn the Alarm function (which displays the scores) Off

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "final score"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The other week I had my great niece.I thought record football.Got to half time Newcastle winning 3-1(when watching)and a little red box came on saying GAME nOW FINISHED 3-3 can you stop these notifications as I do not want them spoils game

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds to me like that pop-up is part of the programme, in which case - no you'd need to complain to the broadcaster.

If you could take a picture of it, and add it to this thread, we may be able to advise otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Definately VIRGIN POP UP

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per previous post, please add a picture of this message to the thread.

cannot do I scrubbed it

it is or was just a little red box but I do not like 360 would go back to old tivo I have willingly

roy247
Community elder

Never seen that and I record a lot of football.

Virgin wouldn't be able to add that pop up to a TV broadcast.

Thinking outside the box if you are a Newcastle fan and have an android phone and TV with notifications about the game and the 2 are paired then who knows.

Not sure about that but not Newcastle fan just CITY