cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a blanket upgrade to UHD?

timo91
Up to speed

Currently on Maxit TV, Volt 1Gig with Sky sports HD and Sky Cinema HD. Is there an upgrade option to just upgrade all of that to the UHD versions (and Netflix)? It seems that maybe I have to arrange to upgrade to Netflix UHD, and separately for Sky Sports UHD, and separately for Sky Cinema UHD etc. (Not that I can see any options to even do that when I look at my upgrade options).

What I mean is, is there a "tick here to upgrade all your channels to UHD where applicable" as a package (cheaper than doing them individually perhaps)?

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

The best way (and probably the only way) would be to phone Virgin and select the "I'm leaving option" and speak to retention's. I don't know if they can change your Netflix that might need contacting Netflix.

Thanks @roy247 that's a good idea.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi timo91, 

Thank you for your post and welcome back! 

As @roy247 has advised best here - calling the retentions team would enable this. It isn't something you would be able to do on an online account. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks Ryan. Perhaps you could pass on the suggestion that a "Upgrade my TV package to UHD" tick box would be far simpler for customers (and much more likely to be an easy and attractive option to customers = £££ for VM). As it stands I see no way of upgrading anything to UHD on my account (or even when not logged in and just looking as if a new customer).

Cheers,

Tim

Cheers

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Absolutely - feedback is a gift and if that's something that would helpful, I will make sure that is the case. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

timo91
Up to speed

Ryan - as I cannot find the information anywhere on VM webpages can you tell me how, and how much, to upgrade my Sky packages to 4K versions?

roy247
Community elder

Hi Tim,

I believe it's £6 a month for Sky Movies UHD and £7 a month for Sky Sports UHD but you can have both for £10 a month. You need to speak to retentions who are usually UK based to see what they offer you.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/existing-virgin-tv-customers-can-now-enjoy-sky-sports-ultra-hd/

Sky UHD: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD requires a V6 or Virgin TV 360 box and a 4K compatible TV/device with HDCP 2.2. Up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content: based on comparison of HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) versus UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels).

£6* a month for customers with Maxit TV packages (Fullhouse/ Bigger Bundle/ Ultimate Oomph/ Ultimate Volt). 30 days’ notice required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick. Prices may increase at any time during the contract.

timo91
Up to speed

Thanks @roy247. I will try online chat and see if that gets me anywhere. I am trying to give them money after all, it shouldn't be this hard! (By this hard I mean having to make a phone call, not my first choice if can be avoided!).

roy247
Community elder

Last time I phoned retentions I got through straight away and it's usually UK based staff so no language problems, the other benefit is if you phone the changes are usually done by the time you come off the phone, if you use chat they have to forward it on and it can take a few day's.

If you do phone make sure you know your memorable word, if you don't sign into My Virgin Media;

Click on Account Settings,  Account Details, then scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word), and click on Edit.