Menu
Harley2017
Dialled in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is the 360 worth all the hype?

This is probably the worst mistake I have made in regards to "upgrading" myVirgin Media package. Anyone thinking about converting to the new 360 should seriously think about it.  I have had endless issues with the second box. I was promised that a technician would call me within 4 hours and I am still waiting. I would switch back to my V6 in a heart beat but was told this is not possible at this time!!

0 Kudos
Harley2017
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 - A Step Backwards

This is probably the worst mistake I have made in regards to "upgrading" my package. Anyone thinking to converting to the new 360 should seriously think about choosing too! I would switch back to my V6 in a heart beat.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is the 360 worth all the hype?

Much better to keep your posts to one thread 😉

What are the issues you're having with your 360 mini?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Harley2017
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I had two V6 boxes and they have been converted to 360 by a software update. I was told I would still be able to record on both boxes as per V6 and as I now know, you can't. This means I have 50% less capacity. Second box has temperamental issues regarding booting up as it stays on standby and can't move it on. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

On any V6 that's been migrated to 360, you should be able to use the hard drive for recording - so I'm not sure why you think otherwise. 360 has a few "issues" cf the TiVo/V6 platform, but this isn't one.

What's the problem you're having? Can you be specific and give some details?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stephentucker
Up to speed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea why it is so loathed by so many on here. I was very happy with it. The profiles and voice control were excellent, meaningful, practical additions. Sure it wasn't perfect but having now left Virgin to go to Sky (For Customer service reasons not 360 issues) I can say that while SKY Q is also very good it is certainly not perfect or particularly better than 360 and I would have happily stayed with Virgin if possible.
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Harley2017 wrote:

I had two V6 boxes and they have been converted to 360 by a software update. I was told I would still be able to record on both boxes as per V6 and as I now know, you can't. This means I have 50% less capacity. Second box has temperamental issues regarding booting up as it stays on standby and can't move it on. 

I have a 360 and a mini so can't speak from first hand experience with 2 V6's, both V6 boxes can still be used for recording but when you list your recordings they all show as one list unless you select which box you want to look at, this thread has some useful video's showing what to do,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/New-boxes-and-I-can-record-to-both/td-p/4594900

What issues are you having with the second box, you need to have both boxes set to Fast or Active Start if they are not already to watch recordings across boxes, can you describe what is the booting up problem is for more help.

Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Harley2017 wrote:

When setting up a recording, go to the advanced options and choose which box to record on. FYI which ever one you choose will be the default box until you change it, then that one becomes default and so on.

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There has been alot of negativity to tv360, myself included the first week or so of upgrade but I have to say bar some v6 functions still lacking its grown on me. I assume those functions will be delivered at some point.

I have 2 V6 boxes upgraded OTA and can record and watch on both boxes from each box. 

Are you boxes both connected to your hub either via wifi or lan cable?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
Harley2017
Dialled in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am able to record from both boxes but my storage is now half compared with two V6 boxes. My second box ( V6 converted to the “mini” box) is temperamental as it doesn’t always boot up. There’s too many losses on the 360 to go into! 

0 Kudos