Menu
NewExcelsior
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is it possible to return to V6/Tivo?

Has anyone had any success in going back to the V6/Tivo boxes after upgrading to the 360? I just feel there are too many things missing from 360. So, has anyone been able to return to the old boxes since being installed with 360, thanks.

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it possible to return to V6/Tivo?

Virgins response will be that this is a one way deal and there is no going back but some people have been very determined and reported that they have been able to go back to V6 but be prepared for a fight.

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@NewExcelsior wrote:

Has anyone had any success in going back to the V6/Tivo boxes after upgrading to the 360? I just feel there are too many things missing from 360. So, has anyone been able to return to the old boxes since being installed with 360, thanks.

You can return if you are prepared for hours upon hours on the phone. Don’t expect to get your recordings back thought, those are lost forever. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't know how long you have had 360, my main complaint at the time was I lost 1TB of storage because I thought from the marketing crap the mini was without coax and we were getting level with Sky Q which I would have accepted, so my main complaint was losing 1TB of storage and nothing else has changed. 2 static boxes basically.

The 360 UI is just a case of getting used to something new, if you have an android phone you can relate to this, can't speak from iphone experience but expect that to be more consistent.

Swapping from one android phones UI to another manufacturer's phone UI and you lose some win some, hopefully some of the features lost from TiVo will reappear on Horizon 360.

Swapping back to V6 is possible as someone will tell you, but it's not easy and eventually you will be rolled over to 360.

0 Kudos