Menu
Jeffb75
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Is ir me or is it really just that bad

Just upgraded to 360 thought I was getting a new box but no o ly a new remote and a soft6updaye for my v6 box.

Updated it like it said went ok and the voice activated remote is good and that's everything positive I've got to say.

The home screen is horrible or should I say the home 1/3 screen. If you watch a show that is on different channels you have to manually set up to record it on each channel where as on v6 you could set one series link to cover all channels. You CANT set up a wishlist to record for example of you set up wishlist on v6 for say Leonard DiCaprio it would record everything with him in it this is not available also the interfaceook horrible trying to be like some streaming services which are bad also. So all in all I would say it's not an upgrade it's more like a downgrade luckily they say you have 14 days to change your mind dont think I'll need that long.  Very disappointing virgin. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is ir me or is it really just that bad

I switched over to 360 from TIVO on my two V6's a week ago and found it an improvement. It has received loads of criticism I know but I prefer it. We are not prolific or complicated series linkers though so that helps, just simple series links for Corrie, MOTD, MasterChef etc and they all work perfectly.. I much prefer the interface, the profiles are very useful and the voice control really works well. In fact the only gripe I have is the picture quality isn't quite as sharp and Virgin's appalling customer service which is so bad that I've actually had to sign up to sky this week and leave all this behind!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Jeffb75 wrote:

So all in all I would say it's not an upgrade it's more like a downgrade luckily they say you have 14 days to change your mind dont think I'll need that long.

Where have you seen it documented that there's a 14day "change of mind" option on a V6 > V360 migration? That's a new thing if so, I'd be interested in seeing that.

I fear you may be getting confused with the normal "cooling off" period, which doesn't apply to this particular change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jeffb75
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

They told me I had 14 days as I have taken out a new contract as they offered me a discount so as it's a new contract the 14 days does apply 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You'll have 14days to change your mind with your package - i.e. your channels & services at a particular price.

I would be utterly amazed if you have an option to revert to the TiVo/V6 platform - a migration to V360 is, with very few exceptions, a one-way trip.

To take a slightly "bigger picture" view, the Horizon/360 platform is undoubtedly in active development, and will continue to improve as time progresses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Jeffb75
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean a one way trip 

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Jeffb75 wrote:

What do you mean a one way trip 

Means once you have updated the software to 360 it cannot be reversed.

0 Kudos
Jeffb75
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Then they will have to supply me with a new v6 box or loose me as a customer 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It means that you cannot revert from 360 > TiVo/V6. A migration from TiVo/V6 is a one-way move without any easy "undo" button.

I'm not going to say it's impossible, because there have been situations where it's been done. But it's a complicated process which VM will have only offered with some heavy-duty justification and on a strictly one-off, exceptional basis.

Edited to add: For all practical purposes, you cannot revert from V360 to TiVo/V6. Just posting "they'll have to, otherwise I'm leaving" on this forum is extremely unlikely to get close to achieving said outcome.

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Superfast
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@japitts wrote:

You'll have 14days to change your mind with your package - i.e. your channels & services at a particular price.

I would be utterly amazed if you have an option to revert to the TiVo/V6 platform - a migration to V360 is, with very few exceptions, a one-way trip.

To take a slightly "bigger picture" view, the Horizon/360 platform is undoubtedly in active development, and will continue to improve as time progresses.

In active development? The Horizon4 has now reached v4.30 so I read that as 4 major versions and a load of minor versions, how many more versions can there be? From reading these forums and others it feels like the software should be on v0.430!