cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is HDR coming to Sky Cinema?

HavencroftKev
Rising star

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any information as to whether HDR is coming to the Sky Cinema UHD?

Sky Sports UHD has HDR and I have to say it's stunning.

I do hope it does come soon.

9 REPLIES 9

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HavencroftKev

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

If you have a 360 box with us, this should already support HDR. 

Is there no option showing for the Sky Cinema?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

HavencroftKev
Rising star

Yes I have a 360 box, but I don't appear to be able to get Sky Cinema to play in HDR. UHD yes but not HDR, Sky Sports UHD plays HDR no problems.

Hi @HavencroftKev,

Would you mind expanding on this for me, please? What's happening when you play Sky Sports UHD that isn't happening when you play Sky Cinema?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

archercj
Fibre optic

Do you mean HDR or HDR10?

HavencroftKev
Rising star

Hi Zach, Yes that correct. When I play Sky Cinema UHD content the HDR does not kick in as it does when I play Sky Sports UHD content.

Hi @HavencroftKev 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I have asked the team to check this and will let you know as soon as I have a reply.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @HavencroftKev 

I have heard back from the team. 

We don't have HDR for Sky Cinema UHD. It's SDR only.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

HavencroftKev
Rising star

Thanks for coming back John, however my original question was whether there were any plans for HDR to come to Sky Cinema.

Apologies for the confusion @HavencroftKev. We don't have any news on this at this current time.

Please keep an eye on our news page here for any future updates.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules