Menu
Gico1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Iplayer issues

Just finding video on demand really unfriendly compared with my previous provider. 

When I search for a program such a "line of duty" not all the episodes appear. Only when I go onto the iplayer app does that work. 

Surely the search function should return all the episodes that appear on iplayer irrespective of how iplayer is accessed. 

So very frustrating Virgin Media 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer issues

You will find more content in the broadcasters apps (such as iPlayer and ITV Hub) than you will on Virgin and Sky due to agreements in place between the broadcaster and TV service provider.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Iplayer issues

I use a V6 so the options may be slightly different, but... the iPlayer serves two functions on the VM platform, and this is the nub of the issue.

It's a CatchUp service - usually at least 30days, often longer now - these programmes should be linked from the EPG and directly accessible.

All the terrestrial broadcasters load extra "box sets" onto their own streaming apps, and the BBC is no exception. It's usually these programmes that aren't always linked from the EPG.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos