Menu
davidtidmarsh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet turned off stopped TV360 working

I have got a long outstanding issue with my Virgin broadband being totally unusual. So today I decided to power up my BT broadband as Virgin haven’t been able to provide me with a stable connection in the last 3 weeks. 
But now my TV360 won’t work because I’m using BT as my broadband network. So how can I get my TV360 working again using a reliable BT connection?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet turned off stopped TV360 working

I'm afraid you can't. The TV360 needs to be connected to Virgin broadband, it won't work with any other ISP.  The same goes for the V6 box.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 will only work with Virgin Media broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
davidtidmarsh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So under your current T&Cs I’m able to cancel all my services without any penalties after 30 days? If you are not able to fix my broadband within the 30 day window.

0 Kudos
davidtidmarsh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’m taking the silence as a yes 👍🏼 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can see you've got a long-running thread here regarding your internet issues.

The scenario of ongoing internet issues causing a "serious" knock-on to your TV service is a rare one, that doesn't crop up on here very often - (outwith the quite common "why can't I use OnDemand"). I'd suggest waiting for a staff response, given that we know the V6 & 360 boxes require VM broadband - and have therefore solved the immediate "why is this happening" question.

Edited to clarify a couple of statements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @davidtidmarsh

Thanks for posting this on here and sorry to hear you're still having some issues. 

As mentioned by our lively community, your virgin 360 box will not work with a BT broadband. You would need to switch back to Virgin to use it. 

Depending on when your contract ends depends on whether you get any Early disconnection fees. We can assist you as best as we can on here with WiFi issues, but we can't cancel for you. You would have to ring our team via 0345 454 1111. 

We are more than happy to help you with any other queries or questions that you have but please do let us know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos