Menu
WhippetShadow
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Black Screen

Hi.

I really hope someone can help.

Every time something is turned on or off in the room or we use something electrical our screen goes momentarily black.

I have checked all connections and all seem secure. Would anyone know what could be causing the issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Black Screen

What do you have connected to your TV? Any games consoles, DVD players etc? Does it have an in-built Freeview tuner?

Does the same thing happen when any of these are being used?

Have you tried swapping your HDMI inputs & cables around between the ports on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Black Screen

Hi WhippetShadow, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about this issue you've had with an intermittent black screen. Further to the questions put forward by japitts above - when this happens is the TV tuned into the VM TV services, or does this happen when any channel/device is on-screen? Also, what electrical devices cause this to happen specifically?

I wasn't able to run any checks on your TV service using your forum details alone on this occasion, if you're still having the same issue please get back to us with as much information as possible so we can try to identify what's causing this. 

Tom 

0 Kudos