cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing TV Virgin 360 box before contract start date?

yetain
Joining in

Will I incur costs by simply setting up the delivered Virgin 360 TV box that got delivered today? My contract starts on 30 May.

I assume I won't have any services activated until the 30th May, but since it's delivered today and I have time, I thought setting it up now would make sense. However I don't want to get a charge for accidentally activating it early.

Will I be charged? Or should I just wait until the 30th May?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect, that if the equipment powers up & works, then activation is done and charges will apply.

If the box is not activated, it won't work. Having it delivered over 3 weeks before it's due, does seem a little excessive.

This may be a case of trying it and seeing what happens. Do post back with the results!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The box may connect & load the latest firmware. However, you may not receive any channels. All except a handful of channels are encrypted, even BBC & ITV, so the box may go into the "account suspended" state until your subscription start date.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks