Menu
Sh3ll
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Installed yesterday cancelled today

Had my ultimate oomph package installed yesterday and noticed while the installer was still here my sky cinema UHD wasn't working he said he didn't deal with that and to contact virgin.

Spent 2 hours online with 3 agents and got no where, one even told me if I go to settings and switch output to 4k that was my UHD.

Gave up with them and phoned an operator he said give it 24hours so I did.

Phoned today and was told if I wanted Sky cinema UHD I would need to pay another £6 a month, I said why if its part of my package she said if I wanted it I'd have to pay.

So I asked to be put through to cancellations, she said she was cancellations.

So I've cancelled my contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installed yesterday cancelled today

When Virgin works, it’s awesome. Touch wood I’ve never had any issues. Their customer service on the other hand is the absolute worst I’ve experienced with any company, EVER!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Easy to say, but you've been misadvised here - all new UO installs & re-contracts do come with the Sky Cinema UHD and it sounds like the agents you spoke to just haven't read the briefings.

You've got two choices here - you can either call back and get someone else who has read the notes... or wait around for a day or so, and VM forum staff can pick this up, they should be able to rectify this for you.

I am slightly surprised at a disconnections agent not realising this, they'd usually be the first to pick up on such things.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Up to speed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone through to retention!

0 Kudos
Sh3ll
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried that today they said I needed to pay extra for it. Nearly 3 hours sat on my phone had enough tbh.

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VM have had some serious customer service issues for a few years now and its getting worse.  The CS staff are either very badly trained or they just don't care.

Sh3ll
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No uhd on ultimate oomph bundle

Installed Saturday cancelled Sunday.

I've cancelled due to this and am currently serving my 1 month notice. 

Struggle to understand how virgin dont know there own packages.

0 Kudos
Sh3ll
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate ooomph installed Sat cancelled Sun

Installed Saturday cancelled Sunday.

Ultimate oomph bundle

Noticed while the installer was still there sky cinema uhd wasn't working and required me to subscribe, the installer said he didn't deal with this sort of thing and to contact Virgin.

Spent over 2 hours online to 3 agents and got nowhere.

I then phoned an agent who suggested I waited 24hours for it to activate. 

24hours later still no Sky uhd. So I phoned an agent who said if I wanted it I'd have to pay £6 extra a month , I stated why when it should of been part of my package they again stated £6 per month.

I said fine put me through to cancellations she said I am cancellations.

So unfortunately I'm serving my months notice.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No uhd on ultimate oomph bundle

Hi Sh3ll, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have decided to cancel your services due to this. 

If you would prefer to stay with us, have the Ultimate Oomph package and would like the channels added, please refer to the private message I have just sent you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate ooomph installed Sat cancelled Sun

Hi 

Sh3ll,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to see the UHD channels weren't added for you when you upgraded to our Oomph package.

I will be more than happy to help further however in order to do this I will invite you into a private chat, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos