cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information needs to be clearer about Sky Ultra

mattbabs
Dialled in

I've just renewed my contract and upgraded my box to 360. I was considering switching to Sky so specifically asked about adding Sky Sports UHD. It wasn't a deal breaker but I was offered a good renewal price. I updated yesterday and discovered that I have Sky Ultra, but this doesn't include sports! And they have actually removed Sky Sports Hd. So now watching in standard definition. Still trying to get this resolved but I get the impression that customer service don't actually know what is in the packages. Whenever I ask they just tell me to look at the website. 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM carry Sky Sports UHD linear broadcast channels on one subscription

Another one allows access to Sky Entertainment & Sky Cinema UHD OnDemand content.

There is no Sky Cinema UHD broadcast, or Sky Sports UHD OnDemand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to have. I do have UHD sky movies available on demand. Customer services today are saying it takes 24 hours after the update for new channels to be available. But they also claim I have no HD sports because of the update. I was told today you lose Sky Sports HD channels if you upgrade to UHD. But that doesn't make sense to me, as not all the channels have UHD variants. It's just coming up to 24 hours. So I will see what happens. Even if there is confusion about the UHD package I still don't understand why I have lost HD. I suspect I will be chasing this up tomorrow.

Hey @mattbabs,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Can you confirm for me since the change has happened have you been able to access all the channels you should be able to? If not can you let us know and we will look into this.

Cheers. Joe

You don't lose lose Sky Sports HD channels as I can see them all as well as the UHD ones. If you have SD you actually need an upgrade to HD in order to get UHD, and this has caught some people out when they discovered that a double upgrade is needed to go from SD to UHD.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I chatted to someone on Sunday who said the changes would be made. Sounds like it hadn't been added prior to that, even though I was told it was in my package. Didn't get an answer when I asked why HD had been removed. But I still only had SD when I checked this morning. 

Have you had your email on the contract change? Here's mine after I got Sky Sports UHD.

TV bundle.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

The email I got said Sky Ultra HD had been added, but at the time I didn't realise it didn't include sports. But subsequent chat revealed it hadn't been added. I was put through to another team who said they would sort it out. I had whatsapp screenshot of the initial conversation, so it was easy to prove what I thought I was getting. No further emails since the last chat, but my account says there are changes pending so I was going to give it another day. 

Hi @mattbabs thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any confusion around your package. I would like to take a quick look on your behalf and offer some clarification. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R