Menu
iadom
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Indicator light puzzle

I have just done the upgrade to our 2 V6 boxes, all went well and up to now I like it.

I have just noticed one strange thing. The indicator light on one box glows white or very pale blue as it always did before but the indicator light on the other box is off all the time even when the box/tv is working correctly?

0 Kudos
martinianpaul
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Indicator light puzzle

Seems to have changed again with the 4.2.8 update. The light goes off completely when in standby. 

0 Kudos
iadom
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But this box was updated only 1 minute before the other box and it wasn’t in standby, it was fully functional?

They used to have the same eco settings and the light turned red when in sleep mode. Last night the light on one box was off completely even though the box was fully functional.
I decided to see what they were like this morning, one box now with blue light, the other still off completely.

I did a hard reboot of this box, yellow light came on, got the welcome screen, then please wait screen then the light turned blue and screen went blank. Pressed the power button on the remote and box came on fully and light turned white. Unlike the TiVo box it seems to have rebooted into standby. Pressing the power button turned box off and light went blue.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Both my boxes show blue light in standby and white when on this is the normal behaviour when you have Standby Power Consumption set to Active start which is the default setting. Looks like a reboot fixed your issue 

0 Kudos
iadom
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Possibly, time will tell. 😊

0 Kudos
iadom
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Weird, both boxes have the same eco settings 'Active on', both are now fully on and working fine but the light on one box has gone off again completely whilst the other one is white????

Pressing the power off/on button on the  box with no light has no effect on the light, it is permanently off.

0 Kudos