cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to delete recording.

thrice
Superfast

There was an all-day outage in London on Friday and one of my planned recordings either failed to record or only partially recorded. Now it is proving impossible to delete this show and it is stuck in my saved recordings. I have tried both the dustbin icon and the 'Delete Recording' option on the info screen. Each attempt to delete it is met with the message 'Sorry, we couldn't do this for you. Please try again later'. I have been trying to do just that multiple times on each of my two boxes and it will just not delete. Any ideas on how I can delete this? I am currently on software version 4.32.

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

I sometimes get the "Your box is starting up" message and it doesn't delete, turning the box off and back on usually works, I can then delete but I guess you will have already tried that.

You could always try the 'cure all' factory reset option.

I used to get that message frequently. Changing my settings to 'Fast Start' on both my boxes seemed to cure it or at least reduce the frequency it occurred. On my way to the dreaded factory reset I have now re-booted both my boxes and, lo and behold, the stubborn recording has finally vanished. I remain puzzled why a failed recording should be so damned difficult to delete.

Hi @thrice,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear you had this issue with a recording that wouldn't delete, but I'm very glad to hear that you've now been able to delete it and resolve it following a reboot of the box.

Please do let us know if there's anything further that we can assist you with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!