cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image noise

SMSidewalk
Joining in

Hey, 

Is anybody else experiencing quite a bit of image noise especially on the UHD channels? Hopefully the vid shows what I mean but seems to be on both of our VM boxes although one TV handles it slightly better than the other. 

3 REPLIES 3

unisoft
Well-informed

@SMSidewalk wrote:

Hey, 

Is anybody else experiencing quite a bit of image noise especially on the UHD channels? Hopefully the vid shows what I mean but seems to be on both of our VM boxes although one TV handles it slightly better than the other. 

If you mean slight flickering, I get that on some channels (BBC1 HD was one) and on a v6 box which I don't have now, and a Stream box on different TV's (one OLED and one LED LCD). You can only see it on certain things like News, Question Time. I don't have Sky Sports but wondering if it was the same thing. Flip over to Freeview tuner in the TV and its fine on both.

It's not flickering as much as the image being distorted, hopefully this still shows it a bit better 

noise.png

Doesn't appear on any other sources also

@SMSidewalk wrote:

It's not flickering as much as the image being distorted, hopefully this still shows it a bit better 

noise.png

Doesn't appear on any other sources also

hard to tell as close up pic looks like compression artefacts in a broadcast signal and a bright contrast or backlight on the TV that is highlighting them. Do they go away if you reduce contrast or backlight as a test?