cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignored appointments and compensation promises

ScottB89
Tuning in

For the past few months I have been struggling with badly pixelating channels on the 360 box. As time has gone by it’s gradually gotten worse and worse to the point where 90% of the channels are unwatchable. 

I had an engineer around a few weeks ago, he tweaked a few things on the box outside and said if the problem persists then get back in touch and that it would probably be an issue with the box so it would need replacing. After getting back in touch a different engineer attended and he said that I was getting a very poor signal where the cable comes into my property and a cable pull would be booked in which I am unsure about as the last think I want is my drive digging up. 

I then got in touch with virgin again on the online chat and the advisor checked a few things at their end and said they would get an engineer in to swap out the faulty box for a new one. They also stated that I would be receiving compensation for loss of service for the full time period I have been having issues (I took screenshots of the chat with the appointment reference numbers on just in case). They stated I would receive emails confirming what has been booked in etc. 

I didn’t receive any emails and an engineer never attended. Same goes for the compensation, I haven’t received emails or had any what so ever. 

Next step for me was the complaints department where I filled out the form online and sent it out last week. Up to today I haven’t had any response. 

I’m very disappointed with Virgin media. I feel as though I am being completely ignored and I’m paying for a service which I am not receiving. 

Is there anyone on here that can help?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV services are not included in the automatic compensation scheme, but if you're reported a loss of service - then could have a case for credits against the TV element of your package.

Can you post up the screenshots of your webchat where this was promised? That will help the staff team when they pick this post up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IMG_0494.png

IMG_0495.png

Thank you for your response. Please see screenshots attached 

Hi there @ScottB89 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have had this experience with your service and your complaint. I'd be more than happy to get this looked into via a Private Message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.