cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITVX keeps crashing on 360 mini box

Carl2159
Joining in

I note on this forum that this is an ongoing issue with Virgin, I have reported this a few days ago. I have just received a phone call and was instructed to reset router and carry out a factory reset on my mini box, all carried out as instructed but no change, you select ITV x and the tv screen still goes blank. I stated that this is clearly a larger problem as can be seen by the posts on this very forum but she stated this was not the case and there were no know issue. I’m sick of people who can’t tell the truth. Admit there is an issue and get it sorted. Do you think people don’t check the Virgin forum. 

11 REPLIES 11

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Carl2159, thanks for your post on our help forums and sorry to hear of the issues with your TV box and the frustration this has caused to you.

As you've advised that our second line of support called you about this issue and performed further checks which did not resolve App errors, could you please confirm what was the team said we'll do further to resolve this, and have we raised a ticket to the relevant team for you so far - if you know this?

Please, let us know and we're eager to best assist from there.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The asked me to factory restore my box and reset router which made no difference at all. An engineer was booked to attend on Saturday, he attended and ran diagnostic on box and replaced the box and instructed us to phone him later that day if fault reoccurs. Sadly fault happened again with ITVX & now Disney crashing, I phone around 2.30pm and left a message, he phoned back and said he would seek advice and call us back. Sadly that was an empty promise. I call virgin media today and was informed that the ticket had been closed by the engineer as resolved when he clearly new it had not been, I was promised a call back later today but surprise surprise that’s not happened either 

Hi @Carl2159, we're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

Were you advised that the ticket has now been re-opened? Also, were you promised a call back yesterday from the engineer or the agent you spoke to?

Regards,
Daniel

I was promised a call back by the agent I spoke with, he did say someone would call me back to discuss the issues. He also stated that he had raised another call but obviously I’m doubtful he has done that as so far no call has been forthcoming. 

Hi @Carl2159, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Carl2159
Joining in

Latest update some 4 weeks later, NO CHANGE. I rang again today and spent 25 mins talking to someone who was of no help at all and was cut off by her. I rang again and spoke to an Indian gent for a further 30mins who I had difficultly understanding but in a nutshell he assured me all would be fixed and he assured me that it would happen if he told me it would. I no confidence in that whatsoever. I get emails weekly stating that someone is working on it then 5 days later I get another email saying the same but they keep moving the date back to when it will be rectified. So far have received 6 emails but the problem is still not been resolved. All you seem to do is give me excuses with no explanation of what’s happening and why it’s not been resolved. Someone needs to get a grip. If you’re unable to give me what I’m paying for please just let me know and I’ll gladly go to another provider. 

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing @Carl2159 

This is not the level of service we look to provide and we can understand the frustration caused. I can see our team recently contacted you and that you have an upcoming appointment. Please let us know how this goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sadly your mini box is not compatible with JVC televisions, my original jvc initially had issues 5 weeks ago with the mini box with apps crashing, This had previously worked successfully for over 2 months. I purchased a new JVC tv and the fault remained, waited four weeks for Virgin to visit again and your engineer changed the box again and cables but this did not work. He suggested that there may be an issue with my new Tv, I have now purchased a Hisense tv which appears to work with your mini box. It’s a shame it’s cost me over £500 to get the box to work. I assume you are aware of the issues with JVC since you have upgraded your apps. Thanks for the incurred costs and inconvenience. 

Hi @Carl2159, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way 😔

In order to discuss this with you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel