cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITVX buffering

Russell26
Joining in

The streaming of ITV X lapses to buffering after 30mins. It then freezes and can’t be revived. Error message criticises the quality of the broadband. This can’t be true: all other channels are OK. I access from the home/apps and games / all apps. Any tips, it is essentially unusable.Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why can’t the quality of the broadband be the reason? ITVX uses the broadband connection to your TV 360; the channels come directly from the cable.

Have you checked the broadband connection in the settings of the TV 360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do other internet-based services work OK? Such as OnDemand, streaming apps etc. As mentioned previously, broadcast TV doesn't use the internet whereas VoD & streaming, does.

How is your TV360 connected to your homehub? Is it using the recommended Ethernet cable or is it wireless?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Russell26, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Have you tried following the advice provided by @Ernie_C and @japitts? If so, has it made any difference?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel