cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITVX - Hub be updated?

Rufus57
Up to speed

Will the ITV Hub app automatically update to ITVX on Thursday?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming ITV have made the necessary coding changes to their Horizon app by then, yes it will.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

51 REPLIES 51

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming ITV have made the necessary coding changes to their Horizon app by then, yes it will.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks. Never bothered with the ITV Hub but wouldn't mind seeing A Spy Among Friends on ITVX assuming it is HD quality ahead of its showing on ITV1. If it is SD I will wait until it reaches ITV1.

Gordmic51
On our wavelength

I’ve got a Virgin TV 360 box but the ITV Hub does not appear to have been updated to ITVX.

when will this happen or are we precluded from watching their new content?

It SHOULD happen on Thursday.

Gordmic51
On our wavelength

Why Thursday? ITVX is already available on iPad, iPhone and Samsung Smart TV!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gordmic51 wrote:

Why Thursday? ITVX is already available on iPad, iPhone and Samsung Smart TV!

As per my post above. Apps on VM boxes have to be updated/recoded by the third party that owns them. When an updated app is provided by ITV it will be rolled out to customers on VM.

The official launch date is Thursday, but some platforms have received it earlier.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/itvx-streaming-app-wont-work-older-devices/ 

As already mentioned, ITVX has been available for some time on some platforms but the full launch is on Thursday. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully ITVX won't be full of bugs, unlike it is on other devices, when it's added to the VM boxes

I'd prefer to wait and have it working correctly. The majority of the new content is already available on the current ITV Hub.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/itvx-errors-crashes-on-itv-new-app/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ITVX app is now on 360 boxes.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5