Menu
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ITV Hub asking for to subscribe

Hello,

I’m frequently coming across an issue with ITV shows on virgin catch up, it seems to be programmes that are not on ITV1 so ITV 2, 3 & 4.

Its telling me I need to subscribe, my guess is because it says ITV2 HD and this isn’t included in my package however surely there should still be a SD version?

When I view the ITV Hub page on catch up lots of programming is greyed out saying I’m not subscribed.

59E88B12-4B1C-40B7-B5E6-269ABBFB96A4.jpeg

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Hub asking for to subscribe

From the catch up page it takes me to the latest episode in HD saying I need subscribe

7C725E28-EF81-4A0E-85D2-8854F7B7288A.jpeg

Then if I go to all episodes and go to the previous episode it shows an “SD” version of that episode which is playable and is actually in HD

It all seems a bit of a mess and I have to use ITV Hub app on my TV

53741FE0-33BE-4963-BA59-E8C4CC17938A.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

(Edited reply)

Which TV package are you on (specifically)?

Anything shown in the past 30days that is genuinely "CatchUp" should be inclusive on all packages. If you don't get these channels in HD, I'm guessing you're either on a legacy package or a lower TV tier.

If you can view these programmes in SD, that's the likely reason - it's possible the HD version is somehow flagged as needing the Maxit/Full-House/XL bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The examples posted are all recently broadcasted and these are showing in the catch up section as featured shows to watch.

One example is an episode of celebrity juice shown Thursday last week on itv2, shows within the catch up section as a featured show but isn’t available to me.

These are not shows I’ve gone and searched for it’s the catchup screen recommending these shows.

I’m on the Mix bundle, to me it seems “SD” versions of episodes are being missed as ITV1 shows are not an issue.

0 Kudos
joebloggs
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I just looked and it’s not possible to specify the SD version if you don’t have an HD pack, the only way I can see this working if by using the ITV Hub app in the apps section! Although the quality of ITV Huh is very iffy at times 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello everyone.

I am sorry about the issues that you are having with the TV services at the moment.

we’re aware of the problem and as a workaround they will still be able to access the content from using the ‘Catch Up’ option on their box.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Hayley

Is this quick fix or something that will be addressed in a future software update?

Some shows are not viewable at all because the SD version is missed off and you have to open the ITV hub app and search for it

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ashcrivens1,

I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to give you a timescale on this issue, but the issue is with the correct team, and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos