cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPlayer and Netflix keep freezing

vjkld
Dialled in

I have tried to watch programmes on IPlayer and Netflix for the past couple of days but every time I start watching it freezes and gives error codes.

The 360 box starts flashing then it works for a time. I know it’s a problem with the wireless connection but I’ve tried restarting the router and following the self help text link. 

it is still not working properly after restarting the 360 box a few times. Is there a solution or do I need new hardware. There is nothing wrong when I’ve gone through the test on the phone. I can’t speak to anyone so please help thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

What error codes do you get, have you tried using both 2.4 and 5g and get the same problems. Is the Virgin hub in modem mode and are you using your own router.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

I use 5GHZ SSID. It doesn’t let me choose different bands on the 360 box. I use hub 3 wireless connection thanks it’s annoying to get ten minutes into something and it spins and goes off. It gives error code on Iplayer 

roy247
Community elder

If you haven't got 5G and 2.4G bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in the link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

Hi @vjkld,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of your issues viewing iPlayer and Netflix app content on your TV 360 box. Are any other apps impacted at all? Are you able to test a wired connection to see if that works better?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have just had an engineer visit. There was nothing going wrong when he was here. He changed a cable that could have caused bad connections and recommended a wired connection to the 360 box as well as not having the WiFi extender in the room the router is in. I’m going to get a long Ethernet and connect it to the 360 box. I think it was an outage at the end of last week that caused the issue. 
 I tried several times to cancel the engineer since Sunday morning but the links I was sent wouldn’t let me. When I phoned I was just sent more links. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vjkld,

Thanks for coming back to us and keeping this thread updated. Glad to hear that the engineer was able to assist and help change some cables that could be causing issues.

How has your connection been since the visit? Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The connection is fine now thanks. I think it was because of the outage last week. I’m going to get an ethernet cable to plug into the 360 box for a stronger wired connection thanks