cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub swop

RRRose
Joining in

Just a quick question. If I swap my hub from a 4 to a 5 will I lose all my recorded programs after the swap? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only issue you will encounter with a hub-swap on your TV service, is that any device (which includes a TV box) that's connected via WiFi - will need to be setup with the new SSID.

Without that, you will lose all internet-functionality on said device. It won't affect Ethernet connected devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

No, your recordings are on the hard drive in the 360 box.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RRRose 

Recordings are stored to the VMTV set top box, so changing the hub won't affect your recordings.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only issue you will encounter with a hub-swap on your TV service, is that any device (which includes a TV box) that's connected via WiFi - will need to be setup with the new SSID.

Without that, you will lose all internet-functionality on said device. It won't affect Ethernet connected devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks