cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hows it work with 2 360 boxes?

THEGUYVER
On our wavelength

Hi, just recently and after the latest updates my main 360 box has apparently stopped working on our main TV downstairs. Engineer didn't know why and more or less said "don't know mate" anyhow...mini box was placed downstairs and main box upstairs as the TV`s worked like this, went to record a show on the mini box tonight and it wont play back and says it cant find the box upstairs (main 360 box)...why? anyone know how these boxes comunicate?

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V360 Horizon is a server based system. It was built for cloud storage, but due to current broadcaster restrictions in the UK & Ireland cannot be used that way. So the server instead stores the location of your V360 hard drive as the “cloud” location for your recordings, for which it holds the master list. Any problems with internet connectivity as well as your home network could therefore potentially affect your ability to record & view programmes, even on the same box they have been recorded on

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try swapping the main & mini box around, see if the issue follows the box move or remains with the physical location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

THEGUYVER
On our wavelength

We tried that and that's why we found out the mini box works downstairs  (and up) but the main box doesn't and only works on the tv upstairs...strange

THEGUYVER
On our wavelength

why use a system that's not supported then?. Seems weird. Many people seem to be having issues with this upgrade or even the new box now its on Horizon ..

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Kevin,

Is the EPG populated on the main box - ie shopwing all the channels and program information and not To Be Announced?  Also can you play On Demand, Catch Up and apps ? If so this would indicate that the box is receiving the broadband signal.

On the main box  go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@THEGUYVER wrote:

why use a system that's not supported then?. Seems weird.

Ask that of VMs parent company, who are the ones imposing it Virgin as they don’t want to pay TiVO to run a TV platform when they have one of their own in use everywhere else.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Hi, the epg is fine , shows all info and all channels. It seems to be behaving itself now and records when you tell it too. Just wish there was a way to bring the main box back downstairs other than buying a new TV and hoping this works(as suggested by the tech guy lol)