cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade to virgin 360

taxo00
Joining in

I've been looking into upgrading my v6 box to virgin 360 butbI can't find any way to upgrade, any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Tavis75
Super solver

First off, it's not an upgrade, it's a change of system, since the takeover by Liberty Global they are switching to use the same TV system as is used by their other companies around the world and ending the contract with TiVo who supply the current software. It is not possible to switch back to the V6 once you have changed so I would suggest investigating the features that are missing before changing.

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi taxo00 

You could try using the chat messenger within My Virgin Media or on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/virgin-tv-360 

You can also call VM on either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali